
Yesterday my headmaster asked my school band whether we could play at someone's funeral. It would be a Chinese funeral...Then I was thinking...my parents won't let me go and play at a funeral right??? After that our teacher said we should call our parents and ask for permission because she needed to know how many people were going.
After a few minutes while I was queueing up to call my parents, our teacher asked us to ask our parents when we reach home...So I joined my band mates who were able to go play for the funeral. Suddenly, teacher called my name and said, "Can you conduct?" I was like so shocked! This is my first year and teacher wants me to conduct!!??? Then I thought I'll just give it a try...(because being a conductor looks kinda fun!) :P
Our band trainer taught me a few conducting signals...After a while, I got used to it. And then....more news...one of our band mates who was supposed to hold the baton was sick...I was thinking, "Oh no!!! Teacher will sure ask me to hold the baton too!"...and she did.
The next day,I was so nervous (I'm actually not the nervous kind of person, but when conducting...I get really really nervous!) I kept thinking, "What if I give the wrong signals? Then the whole band will play all kinds of funny stuff...!!"
The time finally arrived and I got ready. We had to walk to the funeral because it's just nearby our school. It was SO HOT that day! Well, at least it wasn't raining. We had to march on the road around our school. So I conducted then after that held the baton...I was so nervous and so scared...Because behind me was the coffin and the photo of the dead person!! :S
My job was over and I could go home..FINALLY!!!haha...I kinda enjoyed conducting.(Even at a funeral) Hope teacher won't ask me to throw the baton next year for Sports Day...because I have bad aim....

2 comments:
That's so cool!!! But why do they need a school band in a funeral a?
i dunno...normally chinese furnerals have other school band to play i think..
Post a Comment