Thursday, October 21, 2010

Performance or graduation??

Last Sunday was my ballet studio's grand opening. I was performing there. Although I had to tie a weird hairstyle, I still enjoyed myself. :D

On Tuesday I went for band practice. My band teacher told us we were suppose to perform in The Mines next month...but after that she told us (students my age) that our graduation is on the same day and time as the performance. She gave us a few minutes to decide which one we want to go. I had a super hard time choosing..I want to go for both!

Later, teacher asked me whether I was going. She said she wants me to conduct for the performances. That time I knew she wanted me to go..but it was still my choice. She wasn't forcing me or anything. Then she said she'll give me a day to think.

The next day she called me again. I said "Yes". After some of my friends (who are going for the performance) heard about it. They were all like "Yay!!!!" and the rest of my friends weren't so happy. :( but... my band teacher told me I needed to hold the baton too..)

So during band practice on Wednesday, I tried to lift up the baton with one hand because I'm supposed to..It was SO heavy that I couldn't hold it straight! The baton fell down sidewards and almost hit my teacher! I was so embarrassed and shocked..I almost hit my teacher with a baton!! but anyways, the baton didn't hit her and all the other teachers were laughing. XD

After that happen, my teacher asked one of the boys to hold the baton. I prefer to not hold it because on that day there would a few VIPs following behind us.. and if I drop it, I'm dead..

Yesterday, The Mines people came to watch our performance. I was conducting..So nervous!!! but they chose us to perform on that day. Just that we needed to learn some songs that they want.

No comments: